WHO WE ARE
Cyral is the first to market in delivering solutions to secure the modern data layer. We’re creating a new category within data security to solve a large problem that is relatively new: securing both cloud and on-premises databases, pipelines and warehouses to combat growing data breaches. We pride ourselves on our security as code approach, which allows guardrails to be built in for data layer access without impacting user or developer experience, performance or scalability. Cyral’s patented architecture allows our customers to accelerate adoption of popular cloud data repos by deploying and integrating with common DevOps tools, and bringing much needed actionable security intelligence to what has historically been a black hole.
We are backed by top tier investors like Redpoint, Costanoa and A.Capital, with advisors from Datadog, Google, and more. Our customers range from fast growing digital disruptors to large Fortune 500 companies - all of whom are looking to gain more visibility and control over their growing data footprint.
The Mid-Market Account Executive is responsible for selling Cyral’s data layer security product to companies with under $500m in revenue. This sales role will own the entire prospect to customer experience, from prospecting to closing. Curiosity, clear communication and creative thinking are key to being successful in this role.
- Prospect target accounts and decision makers within with relevant messages
- Qualify prospects generated from a variety of sources (inbound, events, webinars, etc.)
- Demonstrate Cyral’s technology and value proposition via live web-based presentations and demos
- Drive account plans with a Sales Engineer to achieve successful proof of concept outcomes
- Become comfortable with a technical understanding of Cyral to answer initial questions and objections
QUALITIES / EXPERIENCE WE’RE SEEKING
- 3 to 5 years of direct work experience in a sales role with a technical product, preferably SaaS. Bonus points for Security or DevOps product experience
- Established track record of delivering above and beyond quota
- Passionate about helping customers and Cyral team members
- High comfort level in operating in a fast paced environment and developing processes
- Experience in selling new products or into new markets a plus
- Receive and act on constructive criticism and coaching
- Experience with using Salesforce.com or other CRM